Thread: Xherdan Shaqiri
View Single Post
Old 14-01-2015   #22
dera
Golden member

Why did you choose Inter? Your will has always been clear.
I had other offers, but my will has always been clear. The coach introduced me to the project, his words convinced me and now I want to help the club return to high levels. Although there were other opportunities, I have always and only wanted Inter.”
How did San Siro effect you, waiting of the official debut?
“I was impressed by the fans on my arrival, it was a unique experience and I’ll never forget it. I will also remember the first steps with the coach and my teammates. I can’t wait to play and make my debut.”
What did you learn from players like Ribery and Robben during your experience at Bayern Munich?
“I think every player is different from the next, even if I don’t like comparisons. Each one has its own characteristics, even though I had the chance to play with great players at Bayern Munich. I will try to build on all the things I have learned to be useful here Inter, hoping to get back to winning with this team.”
At Bayern Munich you lost the smile? In your opinion, what is your best shot?
“I was not totally happy and everyone became aware of this. Now I want to get back to playing and only by doing that I can be happy, being able to prove myself. I’m hungry to win and I want to go do it with Inter. The feelings are good, I am sure that we will return to high levels.”
How close were you to Juventus? Is the third place possible?
“Reading the newspapers it seems as if I have had contacts with many teams, but my brother has worked very hard. Juventus, of course, was one of the options. But I only wanted Inter, I can’t wait to play, and the third place is within our reach. We got points during the weekend and I’m sure we can get back up.”
Did you ask anyone for information on Inter before speaking with Mancini?
“There was no need to talk to anyone, Inter is known by all and the history of this club speaks for itself. Inter has won everything and great players have played here. My brother has a very good relationship with Piero Ausilio, so there wasn’t any kind of problem.”
Do you think that you, with your arrival, will bring more Albanians fans to the stadium? How do you feel physically? Do you think you’re ready for the next game?
“I realized that there are a lot of Albanian fans of Inter. I was born in Kosovo, ‘twin’ of Albania. Inter has fans all over the world and this is something I have known for some time. The Inter fans are not only Albanians. I trained all week with the team, I hope to play and I have positive feelings.”
How do you think you will be able to deal with a difficult championship like the Italian one?
“In football you can’t make personal plans, we go on the pitch to do the best and win. We are Inter and we have always have to think about reaching as high as we can. I want to be in a winning club, I will try to give my contribution. It will not be easy to always win, but we’ll try.”
Did Rummenigge tell you about Inter?
“No, it wasn’t necessary to talk to him. Inter is known to everyone, it was clearly my will and I want to return to the top with this shirt.”
FcIN – Before making the final decision, did you get to confront Guardiola? What differences have you noticed between the ‘Giuseppe Meazza’ and the ‘Allianz Arena’?
“I talked a little with the Spanish coach, he knew that my intention was to change clubs. As for the arenas, there are differences: San Siro is beautiful, but the bad thing in Italy is the attendance numbers. I hope those things can change with good football.”
The Inter fans have expressed their enthusiasm also through social networks, what do you think about that? What fascinates you in Italian football?
“Ausilio told me everything, it’s nice to know that the fans wanted me so much and I realized this also against Genoa. In Italy you don’t score as much as in the Bundesliga, but we want to play a good football and try to score the highest possible number of goals.”
Despite the big offers, what prompted you to choose Inter? Considering that Italian football is going through a difficult period.
“I think that when a player chooses a club he also considers the effort that was made by the club. This also led me to choose Inter. I wanted to change the country, but now the results count in order to get Inter to the top.”
A winger or attacking midfielder in 4-2-3-1: what is the favorite position?
“At Bayern I proved my versatility, now it’s up to Mancini choose the best role for me. Personally I prefer the position as playmaker, but any position is fine.”