Thread: FC Barcelona
View Single Post
Old 28-06-2009   #25
Culé
Substitute

British tabloid News of the World claims that Manchester City have completed the transfer of Barcelona forward and cameroon inernational Samuel Eto'o (28).

Barcelona would receive a transfer fee of 29,5 million euro°, while Eto'o would earn a year salary of 9 million euro net, with further bonuses tied to success. The Cameroonian is expected to travel to Manchester in the next few days to finalise the deal.

---

Barcelona president Joan Laporta commented on the transfer events in an interview with Catalan radio station iCatfm.

Eto'o
Eto'o has an out-of-this-world offer from Manchester City which would make him the best paid player in the world. He starts to understand that it's a crazy offer. He wants to stay but it's very difficult to reject an offer like that.

Villa
It's Txiki who has to decide if Villa would replace him. If Eto'o leaves we'll have to sign a new striker, although I also think they could perfectly play together.

Keirrison
We're on the verge of finalizing the transfer. Could he be part of the Villa deal? He'll do the pre-season with us and then it's Pep Guardiola who decides which players will stay.

Mascherano
He's a close friend of Messi, we'll see what happens. It's a player I like a lot and I don't think it's a problem that we already have similar players like Touré and Keita, who are also going to take part in the Africa Cup.

Ribéry
He knows that we like him a lot but Bayern doesn't want to sell. Madrid is also interested, like we are, but we have great respect for Bayern and if they don't sell, we accept that. They know that we like him so if they change their minds, they know we want to talk.

Filipe
If Deportivo president Lendoiro talks about 20 million euro, that price is out of the market. No discussion there. Txiki made a very wise and decent offer.

Bojan
He won't leave on loan.

Valdés
His renewal is not yet signed but everything is going well.
Culé is offline   Reply With Quote